TiVo announced their F1Q09 results today and held their usual conference call and webcast. Honestly, from a geek standpoint, this was a snooze. Financially the company seems to be doing OK, once again beating estimates. But nothing new was said about any products – nothing on Unbox HD, YouTube, the ‘Series4′ tru2way box, etc. Normally there is at least one or two tidbits, especially during the Q&A, but if there were this time I missed them. Oh wait, one thing, Comcast will be rolling out the TiVo software to another New England state, other than MA and NH.
- TiVo posts record quarter for Net Income and Adjusted EBITDA
- Adjusted EBITDA for the first quarter was $11.1 million, exceeding guidance and compared to $6.7 million in the year-ago quarter
- Net Income for the first quarter was $3.6 million compared to $835 thousand in the year-ago quarter and EPS for the first quarter was $0.04 compared to $0.01 in the year-ago quarter
- Favorable ruling in EchoStar patent infringement case upheld; EchoStar’s petition for rehearing en banc denied
- Disney directly signs with TiVo making all the major movie studios’ content available to TiVo users
- TiVo teams with Chicago Tribune to reinvent newspaper model on TV coverage
You can get the full press release here.