Online distributor Solid Signal has listed the DirecTV THR22, also known as the new DirecTiVo, on their site. Unfortunately it is listed as “Currently Not Available” and no price is given, but the listing does confirm some of the previously available information. And it all makes sense given the THR22 seems to be pretty much the existing HR22 with a new face plate and the TiVo software loaded. We’ll have to wait for someone to tear one open and compare the internals, but I expect they’ll be pretty similar, if not the same. (Given it has been a few years since the HR22 was produced some components may be updated just for supply reasons.)
Some of the features, as listed by Solid Signal:
- The DIRECTV THR22 supports 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i picture resolution outputs and multiple screen formats.
- New DIRECTV Reciever with TiVo
- Pause live TV for up to 90 minutes and use rewind, instant replay and slow motion on live or recorded TV
- Does not have built in ATSC tuner
- HDMI cable included
- 500gb Hard Drive Allows up to 100 Hours of MPEG4 HD or 400 Hours of SD
- The DIRECTV THR22 includes two satellite tuners for access to SD and HD DIRECTV programming
- Access Card and Remote Control included
- Compatible with Single Wire Multiswitch (SWM) Systems
- Record up to 400 hrs of SD, up to 100 hours of HD (MPEG-4) programming
- Watch whatever you want on your own schedule. Store your favorite programs, whether standard-definition or high-definition.
So it looks like the new DirecTiVo really is coming soon.