The Home Theater Specialists of America back Blu-ray

Home Theater Specialists of America (HTSA), a buying group representing 62 specialty A/V dealers and installers with $500 million in value have announced that they will be exclusively backing Blu-ray Disc. According to an internal study, 92% of all high-definition disc players sold by members were Blu-ray, while the remaining 8% were mostly combo Blu-ray/HD DVD players.

“The industry looks to HTSA as an expert for custom home theater, built upon a foundation of the top consumer electronic retailers across the country,” said executive director Richard Glikes. “Based on our member research and observations in the field, it is clear that HTSA customers have made Blu-ray Disc their preferred HD format for movies and other packaged video content.”

Sony took the opportunity to jump on the coattails of this announcement:

In a statement, Jay Vandenbree, president of consumer sales for Sony Electronics, Blu-ray’s chief proponent and developer, lauded HTSA’s move. “At a time when ever-changing technology tests just how much one can know about everything, HTSA has chosen Blu-Ray Disc as the format they support. I think it speaks volumes when support comes from those who specialize in home theater, and are closest to the consumer.”

Picked up from

About MegaZone

MegaZone is the Editor of Gizmo Lovers and the chief contributor. He's been online since 1989 and active in several generations of 'social media' - mailing lists, USENet groups, web forums, and since 2003, blogging.    MegaZone has a presence on several social platforms: Google+ / Facebook / Twitter / LinkedIn / LiveJournal / Web.    You can also follow Gizmo Lovers on other sites: Blog / Google+ / Facebook / Twitter.
This entry was posted in Blu-ray/HD DVD. Bookmark the permalink.
  • Chris

    Say HTSA’s president and sole member, yeah – I sold it all to my rich family upstate but hey it counts doesn’t it?

  • megazone