For a while now i.TV has been available only for iOS devices, but now it is available for Android devices as well. The Android version looks like it is lagging behind the iOS version a little bit in features, but that’s not really surprising. It most likely means they started porting the app to Android based off of an earlier iOS release, and the iOS app has simply continued to receive updates while the initital Android development was ongoing. I’d expect the Android app to catch up in time as updates are released, now that the initial version is out there.
The list of features includes:
- Local TV listings based on your service provider (US and Canada)
- TiVo DVR remote scheduling
- Netflix search interface: Miss an episode of your favorite show? i.TV helps you find it on Netflix
- Netflix controls: add shows to your Netflix disc and instant queue
- Bookmark feature for favorite shows
- Entertainment news that updates in real-time and filters by favorite shows
- IMDb and Wikipedia: one-touch direct access to show information on both
- Smart Lists, such as New Shows and Emmy Winners
Judging from the screenshots it looks like the app has native support for both phone and tablet screen layouts and resolutions.