TiVo will be hosting private meetings and product demonstrations at the IBC Expo 2011 in Amsterdam, September 8-13. They’ll be pitching their wares to cable, satellite, and digital terrestrial operators, companies similar to Virgin Media and ONO. In fact, the platform they’re pitching is the one used by those two operators to blend linear television and broadband delivered content.
Joshua Danovitz, Vice President, TiVo International, said, “Rolling out a hybrid-TV experience can be a difficult, time consuming, and expensive proposition for almost all operators to do on their own. However, it’s becoming increasingly evident, based on TiVo’s momentum with operators including Virgin Media and ONO in Europe and RCN and Suddenlink in the United States, that TiVo is fast becoming the go-to solution for operators looking to remain ahead of the curve and meet the needs of their subscribers as they continue to expect a growing variety of content options delivered to an increasingly diverse set of consumption devices.”
According to the press release, TiVo will be showcasing a number of their current and future capabilities. These include:
- TiVo’s high definition, Adobe Flash based user interface which seamlessly blends linear television content with a wide variety of Internet video content in an elegant, easy-to-navigate, single package
- Universal search & browse capabilities which allows viewers to quickly and easily find the content they want regardless of the source, encompassing linear TV, cable VOD, & MSO approved OTT
- Whole-Home Solution: TiVo software solutions that extend the world class TiVo experience to devices like non-PVR STBs, personal computers, connected TVs, tablets, and smartphones
- Interconnection of TiVo with mobile devices such as the iPhone, iPad, and BlackBerry Phones
- TiVo’s unsurpassed ability to personalize the user experience and recommend content based on their previous viewing habits
- Personalized third party application support through Java & Flash — opening the door for limitless expansion of what TiVo can bring to the television screen
- Last but not least, TiVo’s unique advertising and measurement capabilities which provide unique monetization and targeting opportunities
See the full press release for more info.