It has been just over nine months since the last Galleon update, so it is nice to see that development of this TiVo HME application is still continuing. Galleon is one of the leading applications available for TiVo HME, as well as being one of the oldest – evolving from JavaHMO. The 2.5.3 update includes several changes:
The open source Galleon 2.5.3 media server for TiVo is now available.
This version includes the following:
* Update JmDNS package to 1.0 (not using JmDNS from
hme-host-sample-1.4.jar anymore); seems to help on Mac OS X 10.5
* Added TiVo name to detail screen in ToGo app
* Updated weather forecast parsing to handle more cases
* Fixed local radar after change on weather source web pages
* Update help URLs to point at content now on sourceforge.net
* Fixed iPhoto album parser to clean out old albums during library
* not all galleon skins in HD cover the screen–use tivo skins
* still some layout glitches in HD
* still some HD menu highlights are too big for text
You can download Galleon 2.5.3 here.
Picked up via TiVo Blog