Sharon Rylander, Beta Manager for Sling Media, announced in Sling’s Beta Blog, that SlingPlayer Mobile for 3G and WiFi enabled Symbian S60 devices in the US is going into private beta. If you have a qualifying Symbian device in the US, and a Slingbox, of course, you can apply to be a beta tester here. Yes, this current beta is just for US users, but if you live outside the US you can still apply – they might have openings in the future for non-US users.
– Any model
- Nokia N75
- Nokia N95 (used on a US network)
- Nokia E65 (used on a US network)
- Other models won’t be supported at this time, but feel free to apply if your Symbian phone is 3G or Wi-fi; high-demand of other models will help guide us to support future releases.
- Pretty much just AT&T and T-Mobile for now,
as the S60 phones require a GSM network
- Unlimited data plan is a MUST
- No conflicts of interest
- Willing and able to be a sport about meeting the expectations set below
See all of the details on the application.