TiVo Inc. (NASDAQ: TIVO ), the creator of and a leader in television services for digital video recorders (DVR), announced today the rollout of a host of new online services that deliver timely entertainment and information directly to the television set. Now, TiVo subscribers with a TiVo® Series2™ DVR connected to their home network will find accessing local movie listings and tickets, discovering music, listening to podcasts, and even viewing shared Yahoo! Photos plus their local traffic and weather as convenient and easy as using their TiVo® remote.
TiVo has partnered with leaders in broadband services, like Yahoo!, Fandango, and Live365 to ensure the best content as well as the ease and convenience subscribers expect from the TiVo® service. With the initial set of services, subscribers will enjoy all this right from their TV:
* View both their own photo slideshows and those shared by friends with Yahoo! Photos, the world’s most popular online photo service.
* Check local weather and traffic from Yahoo!
* Browse movie information in the living room to discover what’s playing at local theaters and buy advance tickets from Fandango, the nation’s largest movie ticketing service.
* Discover great new music on Live365, the largest Internet radio network, offering hundreds of stations in every genre and format, new and old, from all over the world.
* Listen to thought-provoking and entertaining talk shows with the new Podcast feature.
This is what Home Media Engine can do. If you want to get this quickly, sign up on the priority list. TiVo also has a new page describing the services, with screenshots.